The International Conference on Nanomaterials & Nanotechnology, also known as ICNano, is a significant event that forms part of the 60th assembly of the Advanced Materials Congress. This conference invites individuals from all around the globe, including students, researchers, scientific communities, business professionals, policymakers, and civil society, to come together and connect with their peers and professionals at COP 28, the 2023 United Nations Climate Change Conference.
COP 28, or the Conference of the Parties of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), is a crucial gathering that aims to address the pressing challenges of climate change. It is scheduled to take place from November 30th to December 12th, 2023, at Expo City in Dubai. With a focus on achieving the UN's Sustainable Development Goals by 2030, ICNano provides a platform for fostering new collaborations and sharing knowledge to contribute to these goals.
One of the key features of ICNano is its hybrid participation setup, which allows attendees to choose between onsite, online live, and on-demand participation options based on their convenience. This approach ensures that participants from different regions of the world can engage with the conference, regardless of their geographical constraints. It also promotes inclusivity and accessibility, enabling a wider range of individuals to benefit from the knowledge and collaborations facilitated by ICNano.
The conference offers a unique opportunity for experts in the field of nanotechnology to showcase their research, celebrate accomplishments, and explore advancements in climate-efficient nanotechnology. By focusing on climate efficiency, ICNano emphasizes the importance of developing sustainable solutions that minimize the environmental impact of nanomaterials and nanotechnology applications. Through presentations, panel discussions, and interactive sessions, participants gain valuable insights into recent developments in these areas, with a specific focus on their contributions to the UN's Sustainable Development Goals.
Moreover, ICNano serves as an excellent platform for students, researchers, academics, industry leaders, policymakers, and civil society to remain updated on the latest trends and innovations in nanotechnology and nanomaterials. It facilitates the exchange of ideas and encourages networking opportunities that can lead to collaborations and partnerships. By connecting with professionals and experts in the field, attendees can expand their knowledge, enhance their research capabilities, and explore potential avenues for implementing nanotechnology solutions that address climate-related challenges.
The conference aligns its agenda with the climate action ambitions and measures discussed at COP 28. By actively participating in the UN climate change conference, ICNano ensures that the outcomes and discussions from the conference are linked to the broader climate change agenda. This alignment fosters a direct connection between the scientific advancements in nanotechnology and the real-world efforts to combat climate change and achieve sustainable development.
ICNano, as part of the 60th assembly of the Advanced Materials Congress, invites individuals from various backgrounds to participate in a global gathering focused on nanomaterials and nanotechnology. By connecting with COP 28, the conference aims to contribute to the UN's Sustainable Development Goals by 2030. Through its hybrid participation setups, ICNano ensures inclusivity and accessibility for a diverse range of participants. The conference provides a platform for experts to showcase their research, celebrate accomplishments, and explore climate-efficient nanotechnology advancements. It serves as a knowledge-sharing hub, enabling participants to stay updated on the latest developments in the field and fostering collaborations with climate action ambitions. By aligning with COP 28, ICNano strengthens the link between nanotechnology and global efforts to address climate change, creating pathways for sustainable development and a more climate-resilient future.
Topics that may be covered in the conference include, but are not limited to:
- Nanomaterials for Climate Change Mitigation
- Nanotechnology for Renewable Energy Systems
- Nanomaterials for Energy Storage and Conversion
- Nanomaterials for Carbon Capture and Sequestration
- Nanotechnology for Water Purification and Desalination
- Nanomaterials for Sustainable Agriculture and Food Production
- Nanotechnology for Pollution Control and Remediation
- Nanomaterials for Green Building and Construction
- Nanotechnology for Sustainable Transportation
- Nanomaterials for Environmental Sensing and Monitoring
- Nanotechnology for Sustainable Manufacturing Processes
- Nanomaterials for Sustainable Packaging and Waste Management
- Nanotechnology for Climate Resilience and Adaptation
- Nanomaterials for Sustainable Healthcare and Biomedical Applications
- Nanotechnology for Circular Economy and Resource Efficiency
- Nanomaterials for Sustainable Electronics and Information Technology
- Nanotechnology for Sustainable Textiles and Fashion
- Nanomaterials for Sustainable Cosmetics and Personal Care Products
- Nanotechnology for Social and Ethical Implications of Climate Change
- Policy and Governance for Nanotechnology and Climate Change
Note: These topics are based on the theme of the conference and its focus on nanomaterials and nanotechnology in relation to climate change and sustainable development goals. The Climate Efficient Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology conference also discusses the following subject areas:
- Sustainable Energy: This includes exploring nanomaterials and nanotechnology applications for renewable energy generation, such as solar cells, energy storage devices, and fuel cells. It may also cover energy efficiency and conservation techniques using nanomaterials.
- Environmental Remediation: The conference might address the use of nanotechnology for environmental cleanup and remediation, including applications like water purification, air filtration, and soil remediation. It could cover topics like nanosensors for detecting pollutants and nanomaterial-based adsorbents.
- Green Manufacturing and Materials: This subject area focuses on the development of eco-friendly and sustainable manufacturing processes and materials using nanotechnology. It might include discussions on green synthesis methods, energy-efficient manufacturing techniques, and recyclable nanomaterials.
- Climate Change Mitigation: The conference may cover nanotechnology-based solutions to mitigate the impacts of climate change. This could involve topics like carbon capture and storage using nanomaterials, climate modeling using nanosensors, and nanotechnology-enabled climate adaptation strategies.
- Carbon Nanomaterials and Their Applications: This subject area explores the various carbon-based nanomaterials, such as graphene, carbon nanotubes, and fullerenes, and their applications in climate-related areas. It might include discussions on carbon nanomaterial-based sensors, catalysts, and energy conversion devices.
- Nanotechnology for Agriculture and Food Security: This topic involves the use of nanomaterials and nanotechnology in agriculture and food production to enhance sustainability and address food security challenges. It might cover areas like nanoscale delivery systems for fertilizers and pesticides, nanosensors for monitoring crop health, and nanomaterial-based food packaging.
- Policy, Ethics, and Safety of Nanotechnology: This subject area focuses on the societal and ethical implications of nanotechnology in the context of climate efficiency. It might cover discussions on responsible development and deployment of nanotechnology, regulatory frameworks, and risk assessment and management associated with nanomaterials.
These are some of the subject areas that the Climate Efficient Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology conference may discuss further as follows to encompassing a wide range of topics related to nanotechnology's role in addressing climate challenges.
- Synthesis, characterization and functionalization of nanomaterials
- Advanced materials and composites
- Nanoelectronics, nanophotonics and nanomagnetics
- Nanobiotechnology and biomedical applications
- Energy conversion and storage
- Environmental applications of nanotechnology
- Nanoscale sensors and devices
- Computational modeling and simulation of nanomaterials
- Safety and ethical considerations in nanotechnology
- Commercialization and industrial applications of nanomaterials and nanotechnology
The conference aims to foster collaboration and networking among scientists, researchers, and industry professionals working in various fields related to nanomaterials and nanotechnology. It also provides a platform for the dissemination of knowledge and the exchange of ideas, with the ultimate goal of advancing the development and application of nanomaterials and nanotechnology to address some of the most pressing challenges facing society today.
The conference will run with Hybrid participation Setups (Onsite (Physical), Online LIVE, and On-Demand) using integrated conference technology that generates opportunities among delegates to extend their presence with respect to the exchange of research, networking, discussion, and publication more accessible than ever before.
ICNano creates global networking to facilitate multi-disciplinary cooperation for research, innovations, and technology that results in translational developments. The Conference will offer coordination between interdisciplinary areas of nanomaterials and nanotechnology to pave the way for multi-inter-trans-disciplinary translational research and innovations for the market.
IAAM Conference(s) brings young researchers and students of cross-disciplinary areas under a single umbrella. The conference provides opportunities for researchers, engineers, students, professionals, and business giants to present their research results, breakthrough innovations, discoveries, path-breaking ideas, experiences, products, and also launch their new products on a global platform.
International Association of Advanced Materials organizes the Conference in a truly unique and innovative setup, “Knowledge Experience at SeaTM”, which ensures the maximum interaction and most vibrant discussion to place all delegates on board in a single vessel. IAAM conference(s) evidence strong attendance from industry and academia. Some of the elements of the IAAM conference(s) are excellent speakers, interdisciplinary research presentations, parallel sessions, symposia, and opportunities for global networking. The conference will also include commercial product launches along with the experience of multi-cultural and demographic heritage while cruising across the Arabic gulf region, between the United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
- A series of keynote and invited lectures, comprehensive oral and poster sessions.
- The highest level of interactions and the most vibrant discussions, while cruising across the Arabic gulf region.
- Delegates will have full access to the concurrent conference tracks to mix-and-match presentations and maximize networking.
- The Conference process will commence on 27 November 2023 and will conclude on 02 December 2023.
- A head-on interaction between the exhibitors and sponsors.
- Presence of business technocrats.
- Conference running with the wave of science, engineering, and technology.
- The format of “Knowledge Experience at Sea” ensures the maximum interaction and the most vibrant discussion by placing all aboard in a single vessel while sailing.
- The Conference will provide you with an amazing experience with lectures of eminent speakers, high-quality presentations, and global networking.
- Excellent experience of Arabic cruise hospitality, culture, and social activities in Arabic gulf countries, along with the beautiful views of the Sea.